Why is it that I love the mini chocolate bars so much and I only buy them at Halloween? Why would I normally only buy 1 regular sized bar and think I was being a pig but I could eat 30 minis in a day that equate to about 10 big bars a day. I guess I just misunderstand Nestle and Cadbury's intent. If I had read the box I might have known how to handle myself. They are a nice light snack at 40 - 80 calories a bar, are peanut free and they are perfect for all occasions...not just Halloween. They sell them in a box of 125. I have never seen them on the shelf sold 1 at a time. Self control is never something I have posessed.
I fell asleep with tears in my eyes last night. My daughter had plans of asking a couple of girls over to hand out treats. She called and found out that they were invited by another girl to go out trick or treating. The other girl invited all my daughters friends but her! I feel so bad for her. I find this is the hardest part of parenting. It's worse than when I was a child and went through similar heartache. My moto, obviously not most children's and probably not my own most of the time is "Put yourself in someone else's shoes".
I recently returned from Europe for the first time in my life. I had an absolutely wonderful time. My husband and I were able to reconnect, I saw a completely different world, I did things that I needed to do that have given me confidence and I overcame some of my anxieties. What I feel now is that I don't belong here. When I think of my trip it's like a bizarre, wonderful dream that you don't want to wake up from. I want to go back. I want to move there. I want my children to experience it. I want them to ride their bikes in Heidelberg. I want them to dress normally without the want to show their cleavage. I want them to go to the University of Heidelberg. I want them to know what a good bun is all about! I want my dogs to be able to eat at a restaurant with us.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Mini Chocolate Bar Season and My Mind is Racing
Labels:
cadbury,
Heidelberg,
mini chocolate bars,
nestle,
parenting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Lori! Great post! I can relate to all of it....chocolate, parenting, and Europe!
ReplyDeleteI want to move there too. You didn't tell me about the trick or treating incident, that is terrible. What is with people.
ReplyDeleteLet;s move to Europe together!